Coco peat (cocopeat) also known as coir pith or coir fibre pith or coir dust or simply coir is made from coconut husks, which are by products of other industries that use coconuts. Coir waste from coir fiber industries is washed, heat-treated, screened and graded before being processed into coco peat products of various granularity and denseness, which are then used for horticultural and agricultural applications and as industrial absorbent. A single kilogram of cocopeat will expand to 15 litres of moist coco peat.
Cocopeat is a completely organic, soil-free potting medium. It is used in many industries and also plays a vital role in agriculture.
Alamu Coco Peats is one of the coco peat supplier, we are engaged in the manufacture and export of Coco Peat Blocks , Coir Pith Blocks and other Coco peat Products for various agriculture industries across the globe. An innovative company, Alamu Coco Peats has achieved market recognition and significant market acceptance with their core product range.
- Coco Peat is a very good soil conditioner and it can retain moisture up to eight times of its volume.
- Consistent and Uniform in Texture.
- The structure of coco peat is useful for the soil conditioning and the coco peat is having a slow degradation rate so that it is used in the growth of the plants.
- Holds and released nutrients in solution over extended periods without rewatering.
- The value pH is 5.8 to 6.5; Coco Peat holds water rather than shedding it like traditional peat does.
- Has got great oxygenation properties which helps for healthy root development.
- Contains air porosity and it helps the plant to have strong roots.
- As a substitute for peat, because it is free of bacteria and most fungal spores, and is sustainably produced without the environmental damage caused by peat mining.
- Mixed with sand, compost and fertilizer to make good quality potting soil. Coco peat generally has an acidity in the range of pH – 5.5 to 6.5. It is a little on the acidic side for some plants, but many popular plants can tolerate this pH range.
- As substrate for growing mushrooms, which thrive on the cellulose. Coco peat has high cellulose and lignin content.
Cocopeat is a multi purpose growing medium made out of coconut husk. The fibrous coconut husk is pre washed, machine dried, sieved and made free from sand and other contaminations such as animal and plant residue. Cocopeat is a very good alternative to traditional peat moss and Rock wool.
Its air filled porosity and high water holding capacity makes it, an ideal growing medium for the plant crops.